We imagine that if Buzz Lightyear turned out the way his concept sketch rendered him (above, right), he probably would have used a different picture (like the one on the left) when creating his profiles for online dating sites. Turns out, there are lots of characters who came out looking nothing like they were conceived, and designtaxi has a great compilation of them...
Today’s roundup features embarrassing dating profiles of people you know. Not really. That would require some serious legwork on our part, and we’re too busy hunting dinosaurs in the future right now.
- Gene Roddenberry hated Will Riker’s smile. Poor, William.
- This Game of Thrones character flowchart reminds you of the most likely fate for everyone in the series you love.
- GIFs to educate you on the difference in ages between the original Star Trek cast and their reboot counterparts. The differences were narrower than we predicted....
- Kim Curran writes science fiction because no one ever told her that women couldn’t. Awesome.
- Bear McCreary is talking about scoring Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and we’re hanging on every word because Bear is so dreamy. (Actually, we just really wanted to write that sentence. But he is dreamy.)
- Would you watch a Flash TV show? Would you be more likely to watch if Arrow flashed his abs on it?
- This bearded gentleman is doing a capella versions on your favorite video game tunes. You won’t think less of us for being excited about this, right?
- Some cool news from the Star Wars Celebration in Europe! (Part of this news involves John Williams definitely coming back to score the new films. We will scream with joy now.)
- It looks like Black Widow and Hawkeye are gonna be major players in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Which we’re totally behind along as their tap number is still in there.
Stubby the Rocket is the Tor.com mascot. Stubby had an OK Cupid profile for a while too. Stubby may have gone on a date with Buzz Lightyear.... Yeah, it didn’t work out.