Breaking an appendage sucks, but turning your hand into a symbol of genius-billionaire-playboy-philanthropy is a great way of making the best of the situation. We imagine Tony Stark would approve, but not as much as we approve of Robert Downey Jr. signing on for Avengers 2 & 3!
Today’s Morning Roundup provides the best possible way to break your arm (diving into a vat of money) and features cameos by Superman, Punisher and Stephen King, with special guest Alan Moore!
- There are few joys in this life more pure and shining than that moment when Scrooge McDuck dives into his money pit. And now, oh unworthy humans, you can experience that joy.
- You don’t need a jetpack, all you need is HATE! Chris Sims looks at how Punisher 2099 has aged.
- It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s The New Yorker, with a sweet compilation of Superman-flight-footage!
- Um, this owl kind of looks like Hedwig...forget it. JUST WATCH THIS NON-SF/FANTASY-RELATED OWL BE ADORABLE. And like it.
- I think the best dad ever award has just been locked up, in perpetuity, by the man who rented out a movie theatre so his son could play videogames on a huge movie screen.
- As long as he isn’t retweeting pictures of naked rocketships.
- This epic battle is exactly how we would expect a meeting between Grant Morrison and Alan Moore to go down.
- Wolverine in costume and on the set of X-Men: Days of Future Past. That is some boss polyester, Bub. How was he never in Wings?
- Citizens of Tacoma, WA want to name a park after Frank Herbert and have set up a petition for you to sign. The s’mores must flow.
- These Cabbage Patch hats are adorable. But what we really need are JEM earrings that actually work.
- HBO has decided to kill Michael Chabon’s series, Hobgoblin, despite it having both magicians and Hitler. So we’ll just have to settle for this.
- One last Superman-related thing - which of these songs is your favorite? Personally, we vote for the Crash Test Dummies.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby sometimes feels like it’s all guns and thrusters, too, Punisher 2099.