Is this a sneak peek at Downton Abbey season 4? Will the mystery of the person under the mask be revealed? How does being Daft Punk affect one’s standing in proper British society? Will it turn out that Edwardian times exist entirely within an enormous alien holodeck?
Vulture has imagined what a lot of our favorite shows would be like if they contained a member of Daft Punk. Your morning roundup is listening to rap songs about female X-Men, checking its Kitty Pryde like a Phoenix tryna rise.
- Jenn Northington at BookRiot asks: Does it matter that The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fails the Bechdel Test?
- io9 is collecting pictures of the writing spaces of sci-fi/fantasy authors. Arthur C. Clarke had help from a monkey!
- The first shot of Evangeline Lilly as Tauriel from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
- There might be a new South Park movie! We hope it’s essentially a musical, like the first one. Because that’s what Brian Boitano would do.
- Joyce Carol Oates has some NSFW advice on how to really get into publishing.
- Blastr has rounded up a great list of 11 online communities where sci-fi fans assemble for discussion, including us! Yay! They must have taken Joyce Carol Oates’ advice.
- Lois finally gets some spotlight in this new Man of Steel clip.
- John Paolozzi made a word cloud from all the Game of Thrones “Rains of Castamere” tweets. Here’s a preview: “FUCK” (Spoilers.)
- Artist Jason Thompson has made cartoon maps for classic Dungeons & Dragons modules. Check out the first one here.
- Recent Amazing Spider-Man 2 set pics might reveal a very different direction for the Spider-Man mythos. (Spoilers!)
- In celebration of dangling people off of buildings until they talk, dammit, TALK!
And then the screenwriter for
Extended Robot Monster FightPacific Rim was all, “I actually wrote tons of backstory on how the world came to be like this.” and we were all like, “HAHAHA that’s hilarious.” and his expression just hit the floor. Hit. The. Floor. So we told him, hey, sorry about that, email it to us and we’ll take a look at it. But then the jukebox was finally free and we got distracted with trying to squeeze one more drink into happy hour and never did. And now he writes blockbuster movies with Guillermo del Toro and we’re stuck wandering around the solar system waiting for the next episode of Game of Thrones.
- Nice tight flow? Every single female mutant name-dropped? CHECK. Listen to this great rap song by Adam WarRock inspired by Brian Wood’s new all-female X-Men comic. Lyrics and downloadable version here!