20,000 leagues across space lurks the giant Space Kraken, or as it’s also known KR-KN. Coming from Ian Heath, this beautiful tribute to both Jules Verne and Star Wars should make everyone endlessly happy. It’s possible if the Empire had some commanders like Captain Nemo, they might have stuck it out longer!
Your collection of offsite links has wonderful things lurking below the surface including new Star Trek Into Darkness info, big revelations at DC, and more!
- First photo of Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Christopher Nolan’s wormhole-hopping movie Interstellar will now have Anne Hathaway in it.
- Should Martin Scorsese direct The Punisher? Blastr thinks so.
- DC comics reveals new transgender character.
- Over on Kirkus, all about big SF books coming to the movies.
- All about Chronicle 2 and its darkness.
- Episode 2 of Sherlock series 3 will be called “The Sign of 3,” cleary an homage to the second Doyle novel The Sign of Four.
- Dark Horse editor Randy Stradley is mad at EW for misrepresenting “The Star Wars.”
- This guy put dinosaurs in his beard.
- Breakdown of what the Countdown Into Darkness comic might mean for the coming film.
- Details on the Hollywood premiere of Star Trek Into Darkness, plus impending new poster.
- Cumberbatch’s latest denials about his baddie role.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.