Is there a Cool Hand Luke “spend the night in a box” joke in this weird Empire Strikes Back photo? Also notice how Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) is just like watching from a distance. Maybe this is how Kershner punished people for getting their lines wrong?
Your daily collection of offsite links are full of Marvel news, the opinions people hold on various sci-fi topics, and things that glow-in-the-dark!
- Check out forthcoming Doctor Who titles from Crown publishing.
- Blastr thinks these sci-fi flops deserve sequels. (YES John Carter!)
- Gravity footage freaked out io9.
- Heather Massey writes about women in SFF on SF Signal.
- Composer Michael Giacchino thinks John Williams should definitely score the new Star Wars movies.
- “My superpower is that I’m rich as shit,” and other awesome one-liners from Kick-Ass 2.
- David Tennant is talking about hanging out with Billie Piper again.
- Poster from the zombie/cop movie R.I.P.D. with Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds!
- This David Tennant Doctor Who poster glows in the dark.
- Wachowksi’s new movie Jupiter Ascending is not set on Jupiter. About somebody named “Jupiter Jones.”
- Trek Movie’s shot-by-shot breakdown for the new Into Darkness trailer notices a weird Wrath of Khan connection.
- Look, it’s Lord Raiden fan art with a Christopher Lambert shout-out.
- Trailer for vamp flick Byzantium.
- Is Robert Downey Jr. bowing out of genre films when he turns 50?
- New set pics from Captain America: The Winter Soldier reveal Black Widow.
- Ed Brubaker, the writer of the original “Winter Soldier” comic storyline has nice words for the upcoming Captain America sequel.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.