Jor-El might have screwed up on this one, as it looks like the Holy Trinity of Star Trek has been imprisoned in the Kryptonian Phantom Zone! One day, Jor-El and his heirs will have to kneel before Kirk! (We saw this piece of fan art over on a mega-list on io9 featuring crazy Star Trek stuff around the web. Art credit: Rabittooth)
Highlights of your daily offsite links include:
- What is a real nerd, anyway?
- A strange duo of Blade Runner news items.
- Everyone loves Merlin.
- Portlandia helps you understand what a real “nerd” is. (They’re kidding, folks.)
- Remember when Leonard Nimoy hosted In Search Of... ? (That’s okay, here’s a chance to get a boxed set.)
- Hillary Clinton once wanted to be an astronaut, but the government shut her down.
- The latest episode of Hey Ash Whatcha Playin’? has some things to say about present-day Doctor Who.
- Christian Bale called up this young cancer patient to talk about Batman.
- ITV’s National Television Awards love Merlin more than Doctor Who & Sherlock.
- Look! All of these folks have awesome hammers!
- An Edward Gorey-style alphabet for Game of Thrones.
- A fan has recreated the snake-dance number which was cut from Blade Runner.
- In super murky news: Sean Young might not be in the maybe-going to happen Blade Runner sequel.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby does an awesome impression of Ursa from Superman II.