Moby Dick did more than take out Ahab’s leg, he also
bit ATE Esteban! We think Steve Zissou and the crew of the Belafonte have a way better chance at stopping this leviathan than the crew of the Pequod. Zissou’s secret? He’s going to use dynamite. Also, he’s not so much of an amatuer as to leave his dog behind. (Art by The Searcher.)
You won’t just like your daily offsite links. Highlights include:
- Batman is super-pervy, even while being stabbed.
- The Hobbit trailer to rule...okay...you finish the joke.
- Whale Balloon. Whale Balloon. Watcha gonna do when it comes for you?
- Here’s the 28 Steven Spielberg movies ranked in order, according to Vulture. (What!? Jurassic Park isn’t in the top 10?)
- Giant whale balloon.
- Latest College Humor “Badman” Batman-sketch is pretty filthy. (And hilarious.) But seriously NSFW.
- Why libraries are so important.
- Bookotron interview with Junot Diaz.
- Should you read The Geek Handbook?
- Sitcom time travel episodes.
- Table of contents for new anthology: Weird Detectives.
- Weird Jeremy Renner Avengers spoof from SNL.
- A super-cut of all The Hobbit trailers into one trailer.
- io9’s annual gift-buying guide for SFF fans.
- Robert Pattinson will do anything to be in Star Wars.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby uses a giant balloon of itself to confuse its enemies.