Artist Dusty Abell has achieved something astounding: an awesome portrait which represents every single episode of the Classic Star Trek, all together! (This is only a detail of PART of the illustration, look at the whole thing here.) We keep looking for references that aren't there, but it seems pretty complete! Our only complaint is that it appears O'Reilly is nowhere to be found. Take me home again, Kathleen!
Highlights of your offsite links include:
- Stephen Colbert is in The Hobbit!
- Catch up with the Power Rangers, many years later.
- J. Michael Straczynski explains Babylon 5 to io9.
- The London Star Trek Convention has broken the world record for Trekkies in costume!
- Stephen Colbert is (rightly) cast in The Hobbit. But as who?
- Check out this super geeky bar in Paris!
- EVERY SINGLE Classic Star Trek episode represented in an amazing group painting.
- Check out what the cast of the original Power Rangers are doing now. At least one of them recently asked you if they could bum a cigarette.
- Carl Sagan talks about “The Meat Planet.”
- J. Michael Straczynski says on Twitter to io9: “three things are best experienced rather than explained: sex, comedy, and Babylon 5.”
- This Disney/Voltron toy really doesn’t make sense. Exists anyway.
- Michael Fassbender is going to be in Assassin’s Creed!
- Ready for a Deadpool movie? Via Kickstarter?
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby’s black and white, younger pictures are really, really cute.