Yesterday, actor Denis Lawson turned 65. And while this aging thing is a serious achievement; his alter-ego Wedge Antilles remains the only pilot to fly in every major air battle in Star Wars and live to tell about it. He’s also Ewan McGregor’s uncle and makes a mean mojito. (We made that last part up, but guess it’s probably true.)
Highlights of your other daily offsite links include:
- Patrick Stewart being awesome on The Daily Show.
- Mark Millar brought in as a hired consulting gun for Marvel.
- Elementary producer explains what the heck Elementary is.
- A new comet is going to fly by the Earth in 2013. Full scoop here.
- Elementary producer defends the right for his Sherlock Holmes show to exist.
- Is this an unseen trailer for 2002’s Spider-Man featuring web-shooters?
- Interview with John Scalzi on Lightspeed.
- Patrick Stewart on The Daily Show.
- New TV spots for Skyfall.
- Mark Millar has been asked to consult on Marvel adaptations.
- Look at all these crazy dwarves in the new Hobbit poster.
- Profile of J.K. Rowling for The New Yorker.
- BBC releases ebook tie-in: The Angel’s Kiss, which appears to be an in-universe book Amy Pond is reading.
- Chewbacca has a def posse in this nifty Star War t-shirt.
- Star Trek: TNG cast members reflect on their favorite guest stars.
- Classic video game baddies from Wreck-It Ralph then and now.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is all like cut the chatter, Red 2.