It looks like the Mars rover Curiosity has joined the Facebook/camera phone generation by taking a picture of itself. We’re thankful there’s no way for the rover to do the dreaded “duck face.” [News via Boing Boing]
Your offsite links are just as awesome, but not as self-centered.
- The Moff leaves Twitter!
- Walter Koenig is all over the news.
- A Tron dance that must be seen to be believed.
- Steven Moffat has deleted his Twitter account because you didn’t love him enough!
- Clarkesworld editor Neil Clarke is upping his game for his magazine. Go Neil!
- New set photos from The Wolverine.
- io9’s list of the top 12 best sci-fi war stories.
- Was Jennifer Lawrence really going to pass on The Hunger Games?
- C-3PO is a total badass in this person’s tattoo. (Is that the deflector dish of the Enterprise in his stomach?)
- Not your “grandfather’s Star Trek?” Trailer for bizzare indie Star Trek: Renegades starring Tim Russ as Tuvok and Walter Koenig as Chekov.
- More Walter Koenig: He’s going to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk-of-Fame
- Michelle Rodriguez might not do the all-female Expendables.
- James Cameron is talking about an Avatar prequel. Already mad about Star Wars prequel comparisons.
- This TRON dance routine is pretty epic.
- The third season of Sherlock could be its last.
- What’s the nerdiest preposition?
- Here’s a Breaking Bad/Star Wars GIF.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby never gets its picture taken because Stubby prefers having its portrait drawn.