The Spaceship of the Imagination just got a little bit more crowded! We saw this over on the Facebook page I F**cking Love Science and we f**king love it. (Artist unknown!) We really hope J.J. Abrams and that gang opts to include Neil and Bill in the next Star Trek movie as some awesome admirals or something.
Your offsite links don’t require you to board the Spaceship of the Imagination, but really, it never hurts.
Today’s highlights include:
- David Tennant and Arthur Darvill, together at last?
- The latest news on “The God Particle” for the LHC
- How The Amazing Spider-Man is beating The Avengers overseas.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- This giant life-size Hot Wheels loop is made for real cars.
- Just how close are the folks at the LHC to revealing the God Particle? Possible news this week!
- Indoor Boys has a great piece about Adam Savage of The Mythbusters.
- Jar-Jar Binks target practice. (It had to happen)
- The Amazing Spider-Man had a better opening The Avengers in Korea and India.
- Olivia Wilde’s Quorra returns to the grid in this week’s episode of Tron: Uprising.
- io9’s massively detailed guide to Science Fiction and Fantasy in July.
- For the end of pride month, Comics Alliance lists 50 comic book characters who matter to LGBT readers.
- 9 Mario power-ups Mario should have, but doesn’t. (Including Jellyfish Mario and Kangaroo Mario.)
- This three-person chess set looks really, really fun.
- David Tennant and Arthur Darvill will star together in an 8-part BBC series Broadchurch, written by Chris Chibnall of Torchwood and Doctor Who. We hope they change the name to Ummm Doctor.
- More down-to-the-wire speculation about Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s character in The Dark Knight Rises.
- Red Letter Media takes on Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would let those guys in in the control room anytime.