We are so excited for The Dark Knight Rises and its eventual homage to this scene with Adam West’s Batman on an elephant. Of course, the elephant in The Dark Knight Rises will probably be CG. Whatever.
But wait! The most startling of your offsite links are yet to come!
- Things you didn’t know about Batman. Really. You don’t know these things.
- Best/Worst Star Wars Marvel storylines.
- Interesting SDCC news actually about the comic book industry.
- The best and worst Star Wars Marvel Comics story lines according to Topless Robot.
- Easily the coolest and longest infographic about the Solar System ever.
- Fascinating list from io9 on the 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Batman!
- Beautiful first poster for Man of Steel.
- Roberto Orci says “canon” or “new” in response to characters certain actors are playing in Star Trek 2.
- Monster Truck DeLorean.
- Sneak-peek of the next season of MythBusters.
- A NASA scientist tackles 20 questions about 2012 and the end of the world.
- Interesting article from Slate about the Eisners and why some comic book co-creators get the shaft.
- Cool interview with Michael Keaton over on Grantland.
- Boing Boing’s podcast Gweek 060 is out.
- Schrodinger’s Cat or Cat’s Schrodinger?
San Diego Comic Con 2012
- All the Star Trek cosplay from SDCC.
- Adorable little kids cosplay from SDCC.
- The biggest winner and losers of SDCC according to io9.
- Interesting news from SDCC about the actual comic book industry: major comic book publishers offering free POS systems to comic book stores.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby was in a circus once and as a result knows all about elephants and the evil they do.