Welcome to your Friday, the conclusion of the pentalogy known as the work week. We thought every installment in this pentalogy was superb, but we are planning on doing a prequel at some point. For now, take a look at nicely curated offisite links as you head into the duology of your weekend.
Today’s highlights include:
- Ken Liu Podcast interview.
- Why children prefer sci-fi to real science.
- Gaiman on Bradbury.
[Star Trek cast image via Blastr]
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- What will actually happen in The Dark Knight Rises? Here are a few clues from the comics that might help.
- It seems children prefer science fiction to real science.
- Neil Gaiman’s thoughts on the passing of Ray Bradbury.
- Engagement ring box in the shape of a TARDIS.
- The powers-that-be talk about Star Trek 3. Not a “foregone conclusion.”
- A Flux Capacitor tattoo. On a real person.
- Vintage super 8 footage from 1982 fans sneaking onto the set of Return of the Jedi.
- Even stranger X-Men rebooted by a fan artist.
- The latest from The Hobbit production video blog.
- Skyfall video blog reveals new costumes.
- Russo Brothers to direct Captain American 2.
- SF Signal Podcast has an interview with Ken Liu.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby thinks the third Star Trek movie should feature a drag race between Stubby and the Enterprise.