Today’s wonderful top image comes to us from a Tumblr called Reality is Merely an Illusion. It’s of Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto Jones of Torchwood) being hassled by the Empire at a convention. We’re not sure where the convention was, but we love the picture and we oddly miss Torchwood and Ianto right now.
Your offsite links are a like a pet pterodactyl.
Today’s highlights include:
- How money works in speculative fiction.
- Buying The Game of Thrones Throne.
- New Klingons?
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Clive Barker to write Zombies Versus Gladiators.
- Cool book trailer for the history of the Federation: The First 150 Years
- Is this proof that there ARE Klingons in the next Star Trek movie?
- The Avengers box set is coming!
- A person pretending to be a zombie chasing after another person.
- An entire history of video games using only video game images and sound effects.
- Possible alternate-future for the next X-Men movie?
- The Gorn are the bad guys in the next...Star Trek video game.
- You can now buy the Game of Thrones Throne. It’s only like 30,000.00.
- Christopher Nolan claims The Dark Knight Rises will be the biggest thing ever.
- Big Locus interview with Genevieve Valentine.
- Nice piece by Jermey L. C. Jones in Clarkesworld about economics in speculative fiction.
- You can buy real Stay Puft Marshmallows.
- The Hobbit will screen early in New Zealand.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby thinks in terms of bad marksmanship, it might be a toss up between Stormtroopers and Torchwood.