If there’s one thing we were never told about The Forbidden Zone in the original Planet of the Apes is that it’s an awesome place to get some sun. Here, we see Zira, and Dr. Zaius chilling out with some soda pop. Summer by the Statue of Liberty is what it’s all about.
Your offsite links do not contain any depiction of George Taylor kissing Zira, tragically.
Today’s highlights include:
- Why Andrew Garfield watched Spider-Man porn.
- David Warner on Doctor Who.
- Harsh words about Game of Thrones
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Answer: coming to a movie theatre near you.
- Jennifer Lawrence saves a person who faints in front of her apartment. Does not use silver parachutes to do it.
- Wow. If you dress like Spider-Man on July 4th you get a free bacon cheeseburger from Carl’s Jr. Really!
- A Van Helsing reboot thing is coming. Do we need it?
- David Warner will be in Doctor Who next season. In a Mark Gatiss episode no less.
- Wired’s list of summer science fiction/fantasy reading! Some great titles on here.
- All about the evil “first Spider-Man.”
- Chris Pine talks more and more about Cumberbatch and who he might be.
- Andrew Garfield has watched the Spider-Man porn in preparation for The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Noel Clarke is not going to beg to be on Doctor Who again.
- The table of contents for The Book of Apex: Volume 3 is here.
- Really great article from the New Statesman by Laurie Penny about what Game of Thrones is really about and how it’s “...racist rape-culture Disneyland with Dragons.”
- Star Wars Marathon on Spike TV during 4th of July Week.
- Ranting Dragon list the 20 most anticipated sci-fi and fantasy book releases of July.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is the Lawgiver.