At one point J.K. Rowling apparently wanted the new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher to be none other than Vigo! He would be just like all the other paintings at Hogwarts and even talk to the Fat Lady! Actually, we’re not sure that is true, but it probably would have been a good idea. (Only a Carpathian would come back now, and choose...Hogwarts.)
(Vigo as a Magic: The Gathering card from King Vego on Deviant Art)
Your offsite links are the next month’s cover of GQ.
- The giant sea turtle that ate crocodiles.
- The best reading of 50 Shades of Grey yet.
- D. Craig walks the walk.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Will Daniel Radcliffe play a real boy now?
- The Mary Sue talks to one of the people behind the asteroid mining thing.
- All the sci-fi TV coming in the fall.
- If Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner spin-off happens, it will feature a female lead.
- Gilbert Gottfried reads 50 Shades of Grey. Out loud. NSFW.
- Was it really Gene Roddenberry’s idea to have a diverse cast on Star Trek? Maybe not.
- Beware the giant crocodile-eating sea turtle!
- The best/worst episodes of Torchwood according to Topless Robot.
- Superdog calmy climbs a wall.
- Doctor Who X-Mas special might contain the following. (Light spoiler)
- Maybe the best Hey, Ash Watcha Playin’? of all time.
- The poster for Skyfall is here! D. Craig struts! (via Rotten Tomatoes)
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is sorry about having to hose you earlier, but you were kind of out of control.