Last week some parts of the Interwebs freaked out because the the footage from The Hobbit looked “bad” because Peter Jackson was using 48 Frames Per Second. Well, he’s responded, and said that it might take some “getting used to.” However, could it in any way be worse than the video above? Really? (We love this song AND movie, just making a point.)
Your offsite links are the greatest adventure.
1.) Prometheus might be rated R after all
2.) Lots of superhero stuff
3.) More of P.J.’s response
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Real Back to the Future LEGO sets may actually happen.
- Detailed response from Peter Jackson about how you might not even be ready for how great The Hobbit is.
- Which of the Nebula Nominated Short Stories was your favorite? Fantasy Literature.com takes a look at them all one by one.
- The Hunger Games as a game for the original NES.
- Daily Science Fiction releases its May line-up of stories.
- Webcomics of Greg van Eekhout feature King Kong, Poseidon and more.
- New poster for MIB3 has Will Smith riding a space bike. Which looks to be stolen from General Grievous.
- Will Prometheus be rated R or what?
- First image from Russell T. Davies kid-friendly sci-fi show Wizards Vs. Aliens.
- The whole cast of TNG got back together on stage this weekend in Calgary.
- Will Old Spock be in Star Trek 2 after all?
- The Borg will take your children if you leave them alone.
- If you’re aware of Darth Revan, then you’ll like this music tribute to him.
- These Stormtroopers have turned to Google to help them find the droids they’re looking for...
- Oddly there hasn’t been a LEGO set released for Anakin at the Tusken Raider Camp...
Superheroes Control the Interwebs
- Check out the Bat Beard.
- Tons more Avengers mash-up posters.
- A real Bat Signal.
- Avengers-inspired eye make-up is pretty serious.
- College Humor worries there might be too many superheroes invited to the party...
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby really hopes Martin Freeman sings “The Greatest Adventure” in the new Hobbit movie.