Did you know Hawkeye’s original name was Night-Hawkeye, in honor of the Norman Rockwell painting? Well it was. [Citation needed.] Also did you see what we did with shawarma last week?
Your offsite links contain true facts, but no more shawarma.
- The Yutani corporation figures into Prometheus as well as Weyland.
- How geeks should date.
- Sybok was almost Spock’s twin brother. Nimoy wanted to play him.
(Avengers/ Nighthawks via Gizmodo)
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- How should you date within the geek community? This nice article from The Mary Sue helps.
- How to make your own PKE Meter out of a vintage shoe polisher.
- How many gear-shifting shots exist in the Fast and Furious movies? This many.
- Hulk cologne, Star Trek waffles and other weird ideas for SFF product marketing.
- Sad Batman watches over your Mountain Dew.
- The finale of Community will be rendered in vintage 8-bit glory.
- Supposedly Sybok was going to be Spock’s twin! Laurence Luckinbill shares your pain on Star Trek.com
- More sequel script news: Rise of the Planets of the Apes sequel script is underway. Oddly not being written by monkeys with typewriters.
- Joss Whedon just can’t decide if he wants to direct Avengers 2 or not.
- Really adorable robot necklace.
- Shots from the recent Boston Comic Con.
- First picture from Elementary shows Holmes and Watson hitting ludicrous speed.
- Really cool fan art from Deviant Art’s Daniel Morpheus for an imagined JLA movie
- Ready for Tron 3? It’s okay, few are. But the script is done!
- Bruce Boxleitner is back as Tron for the new animated show. Check out new tidbits from The Box here.
The latest viral video from Prometheus features Noomi Rapace as Dr. Elizabeth Shaw who works for the Yutani Corporation! Check it out:
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. For Comic Con, Stubby the Rocket once dressed as Dick Grayson if he worked at an all night diner, but nobody got it.