The only thing Matt Smith doesn’t have going for him is a name like Cumberbatch. This is really his only deficiency. If he could somehow get a more absurd name, there’s a chance their coolness would be equal. But, the recent joint BAFTA award presented by Cumberbatch and Smith makes you realize just how cool they both are. Above is just one image from their badass time spent together. Full video below the cut, along with all of you awesome offsite links.
Today’s highlights include:
- The New Yorker asked its Twitter followers to sum up Star Wars in 140 characters.
- Michael Dorn claims he was almost in the new Star Trek movie.
- MIB3 attempts to erase...MIB3.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Tesla and Lovecraft as steampunk-ish Ghostbuster-like dudes.
- Ridley Scott is now talking some game about Harrison Ford maybe being in a Blade Runner spin-off.
- Great College Humor video in which the Men in Black attempt to erase the memories of MIB3.
- Christopher Nolan reveals all about the new Catwoman.
- Moffat and Cumberbatch visited the Marvel offices.
- The New Yorker asked its Twitter followers to do Star Wars in one Tweet. The winning Tweet was: He killed your dad!’ ‘But he is my dad!’ ‘And you’re my sister!’ Beep beep bloop.
- Okay here’s the full Cumberbatch and Smith video: (via Bleeding Cool)
- Michael Dorn claims he was almost in Star Trek 2. But no.
- Half the TNG cast reunited on stage last weekend for Phoenix Comic Con.
- Is Rihanna emerging from the Pandorica?
- 10 times Doctor Who featured Queen Elizabeth II.
- Photos of Matt Smith carrying the Olympic flame.
- Doctor Who will move its studios from one place in Wales to another place in Wales.
Game of Thrones
- The Game of Thrones cookbook came out yesterday. Anyone tried any of the recipes yet?
- A new Game of Thrones video game is now playable online. Right now!
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby’s changed its middle name from “the” to “Cumberbatch.” Cumberbatch. Is. Cool.