Remedy’s original blockbuster franchise gets the Rockstar treatment with its latest installment, Max Payne 3. It’s been almost nine years since we last encountered the titular hard-boiled mess of a man, but he’s clearly returned with a fresh look for today’s consoles and a few new tricks up his blood-stained sleeves. Reviews are pouring in and, as is expected of a new Rockstar title, they’re glowing.
Also in this week’s news: we discover who was really behind Diablo III’s error 37 fiasco.
- Ever-classy Saints Row The Third announces a new expansion pack based on their April Fool’s Prank: Enter the Dominatrix.
- Is Kingdom Hearts returning to consoles? Series director Tetsuya Nomura says “it’s about time.”
- Halo 4’s limited edition has been announced and might we have possible box art?
- Is Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us more The Road than The Walking Dead? Also, bonus point for Hank Williams track.
- As of Bethesda’s latest patch, it’s much harder to power level smithing in Skyrim. IGN’s got a new guide for those who hate to grind.
- Steam credits are coming to GameStop.
- Proving people love nostalgia gaming, Carmageddon: Reincarnation has already raised a quarter of a million dollars on Kickstarter.
- So who would win a fight? Agent 007, Commander Shepard, Master Chief or Mario? The answer may surpise you in this hilariously gory video.
- Did you know Final Fantasy XI just turned 10? Well, now you do.
- You can listen to New Austin travelers tell ghost stories around a campfire in the frontier of Red Dead Redemption, or you can tell your own.
- Watch a demonstration of someone building a room with the Portal 2 Community Test Chamber.
- Finally, we know who was behind Blizzard’s failure to have working servers for Diablo III’s launch: