What other vehicles could Gandalf the Grey master? Would Gandalf the White ride rollerblades instead of a longboard? What about Aragorn? Would he look awesome on a pogo stick? In any case, no one’s morning commute is as great as this guy’s.
Offsite links coming at you!
- A quick taste of the new season of True Blood.
- Meditating on the lack of diversity in Game of Thrones.
- Finding speculative fiction’s place in academia.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- First scene from new Morgan Spurlock Comic Con documentary features Joss Whedon.
- One reading of Star Wars seems to indicate George Lucas dislikes cities...
- The un-aired, supposedly “bad” Sherlock pilot is defended by Mark Gatiss.
- In the Brooklyn Mutt show, did Star Trek dogs or Star Wars dogs come out on top?
An old-school Doctor Who RPG from College Humor.
- Strange Horizons takes a look at the gender split in 2011 SFF books.
- Tiny Avengers in Target ad.
- We found Gandalf on a longboard over here.
- Amber Benson of Buffy fame talks about her latest urban fantasy novel with Hero Complex.
- This scale can weigh a neutron.
James Cameron Watch
- When you go see Titanic in 3D you can thank Neil deGrasse Tyson for telling James Cameron to fix stuff that didn’t make sense.
- Back in 1987, James Cameron had to defend Aliens to fans in Starlog.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is not trying to rob. Stubby is trying to help you.