This whole Sheep Invaders thing has gotten us thinking about lasers being used to get wool. Or lasers being used to alter clothing? Or lasers being used to get juice out of certain kinds of fruit. In short, why aren’t there more pratical lasers? (And we don’t mean laser pointers. We know ALL about those.) Today’s morning roundup as lasers in it.
1.) A working phaser? Come on. We need to know if this is real.
2.) Play Sheep Invaders online
3.) Yes. The bees.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here’s today’s selection:
- Is this a real working phaser? Are we sure?
- A big Prometheus behind-the-scenes video.
- The hoarders of Skyrim on College Humor.
- Topher Grace talks a little more about his 85-minute edit of the Star Wars prequels.
- Whether we want it or not, a Fantastic Four reboot is coming from the director Chronicle.
- A new movie based on a Margaret Atwood book is all about revenge.
- Tons of new images from Dark Shadows on io9.
- You only get one more season of Fringe.
- These people have their cats live in an AT-AT.
- The fantasy words cannot you not translate.
- Cumberbatch was confused as to why J.J. Abrams wanted him for Star Trek.
- Sheep Invaders is a sweater and from designer Monsieur Lacenarie. But you can play an online version of Sheep Invaders on their Facebook here.
On no Mega Wicker Man! Here comes the bees!
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby Invaders would a great game. But if you had to laser-blast Stubby, the game wouldn’t be fun because Stubby would win.