If reports are to be believed, everyone will now be able to totally understand Bane. We’re not sure if there will be an in-universe explanation for this like Bane getting voice leassons ala’ The King’s Speech. Who would be the person to give Bane said voice-lessons? We vote for Jack Nicholson or Jack Palance. (You...are my number one...a—guy!)
You offsite links are aggressively patting you on the shoulder.
- The secret Dark Knight Rises footage which exposes the end of mumble-gate.
- A really, really cool Star Trek video. (Seriously.)
- The real death of Boba Fett.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Judge Dredd will be rated R. That’s the law.
- How often are you being hit with dark matter? A lot.
- Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy interviews William Gibson.
- A song for the China Mieville novel Embassytown.
- Pixar will make a Day of the Dead movie.
- The Hobbit has been filmed unconventionally in 48 FSP. Is this okay?
- Star Trek 2 will be “relentless” according to Chris Pine.
- The new Squee Cast is up: they’re talking about Stephen King, Saladin Ahmed and more.
The Force is With the Internet
- Boba Fett has died. For real. (In the comics.)
- These crazy aliens all became Jedi.
- The Skywalker family has lost a lot of limbs, according to this infographic.
- Mumbe-gate may be at an end. New footage from The Dark Knight Rises apparently features a comprehensible Bane.
- Conan O’brien’s sketch featuring The Dark Knight RISING. (NSFW)
- People called Christopher Nolan “the governor” on the set of The Dark Knight Rises.
Aweseme Art-Gallery-Worthy Star Trek video: 56 episodes of classic Star Trek at the same time.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is perfectly understood by all, and yet never says anything out loud.