This is a picture of visualized ocean currents over the course of several years. Van Gogh was right!
You can watch a time-lapse video of our massive, writhing planet down below. Here’s some other stuff we want to show you:
Highlights below include:
- The Willow cartoon that never was.
- Age catching up with Disney princesses
- Tim Burton explaining why he mostly ignored the Dark Shadows TV show
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Watch the time-lapse video of visualized ocean currents here. Then try and walk in a straight line.
- The first teaser trailer for Breaking Dawn, Part 2 has been released. Hopefully most of the movie will just be Bella spooking forest animals.
- Edgar Rice Burroughs’ estate to Dynamite Entertainment: Stop making thinly disguised John Carter porn comics.
- There will be a fifth season of Being Human in the U.K.
- Art from the Lucasfilm Willow cartoon that never was
- Today’s fashion designers have a go at designing Katniss’s “Girl on Fire” look and do instantly better than the movie did. (Lion’s Gate lines up nail polish sponsors but not fashion designers? Weird.)
- This illustration of Disney princesses aged from the point their movies came out is quite endearing.
- How many DC Comics heroes are Lego now? All of them.
- People get dumb about race and The Hunger Games. Really, really dumb. (But are still okay with kids killing each other for entertainment, FYI.)
- Want to know why the new Dark Shadows film is basically The Addams Family? Because Tim Burton thinks the actual show is awful.
- Crap. Turns out we’re not so sure now whether the moon is ours or not. (Our surprise party for the moon is ruined.)
- Want to see some famous movies interpreted as 8-bit movie posters? Yes you do. Stop saying you don’t want to do things. We are turning this rocket around right now.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com and knows the moon is ours because it, well, that would be telling.