Friday is here. Have you reserved your 3-D glasses for The Phantom Menace? Maybe you should go see Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy instead. Does this image of Cumberbatch hugging Oldman not make you want to see it? Don’t you wish you could be in the middle of this hug? If you don’t we’re pretty sure you are a spy, a Sith Lord, or a meanie-face.
We’ve also go some offsite links for you:
- Bear McCreary talks SF musical scores.
- Re-cutting of that Star Wars ad.
- Popular television character Superman to continue his adventures as a comic book character!
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Doctor Who news: Writers for series 7 announced. Plus series 7 starts filming in 10 days!
- New interview reveals plans for possible Hunger Games film sequel; Catching Fire.
- A 1903 stage version of The Wizard of Oz is being re-staged.
- Bear McCreary talks to io9 about the science of sci-fi scores.
- No spoiler here. Our favorite thing from George Takei’s Facebook page today.
- If you miss the Smallville version of Superman, he’s back in comic book form. How novel!
- Cookie Sleuth Sherlock parody.
- Speaking of Sherlock, here’s where we snagged that adorable picture from the top of the post.
- Billy Connolly joins the cast of The Hobbit.
- Bad news: Lev Grossman’s The Magicans has not been given the greenlight as a TV show. Let’s hope for cable?
- Valentine’s Day gift buying guide from Hero Complex.
- Remember that youthful Star Wars: Episode I ad? Here’s a great re-cutting of it.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is neither Tinker, nor Tailor, nor Soldier, nor Spy. Stubby is the muthaf**king rocket.