It’s Friday and we are really bummed out about the grade we got on our Interstellar Physics paper. If only our teacher would help us instead of stamping hilarious messages on our test!
We hope we get a good grade on this collection of offsite links that we rounded up for you. We can’t afford to get kicked out of this program!
- Neil Patrick Harris in a toga fighting ninjas. The knee-wibbling picture is below the cut.
- Stephen King reads from his Shining sequel, Dr. Sleep.
- Isaac Asimov used to tell people there was a time travel chemical.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- This Etsy seller was offering this special Lord of the Rings-themed stamp for teachers yesterday. (Already sold out, unfortunately.)
- Listen to Stephen King read from Dr. Sleep, his still-in-progress sequel to The Shining.
- Dude, there is no time travel chemical, Asimov is just fucking with you again. This io9 article delves into the history behind a prank Isaac Asimov played on SF writers.
- Will Edgar Wright and Johnny Depp revive Kolchak: The Night Stalker? We’d like Jason Henninger’s opinion on this, please.
- Collapsing a star still only gets you 3% of the way towards the speed of light. New measurements reveal the “wind speed” around a black hole is 20 million MPH. (Wish we’d known that before we collapsed Romulus’ sun!)
- The pros and cons of a third Bill & Ted movie are many in this original article from Den of Geek.
- Want to take CO2 out of the atmosphere? There’s money in that.
How to save the Legend of Zelda series from
Ganonits creative rut.
- Neil Patrick Harris. In a toga. Fighting ninjas.
- Trailer for new Doctor Who game The Eternity Clock. Featuring the voices of Matt Smith and Alex Kingston!
- This new trailer for Battleship makes it very clear that it’s basically Armageddon 2 + Transformers 4.
- Oh, and there’s a new trailer for Wrath of Titans. Release the... something!
- Finally, watch this trailer for Morgan Spurlock’s new Comic-Con documentary. (Or is it a mockumentary?)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com and could fight ninjas in a toga but shouldn’t steal ALL the spotlight from NPH.