In an alternate universe Ellen Ripley is a cat and has a pet human named Jones. This topsy-turvy Alien universe might be what Prometheus ends up being all about. Would the aliens look like dogs in this dimension? Where’s my yogurt? I really don’t like the kind with fruit in the bottom. Just letting everyone know in case you ever mail some to the Tor.com offices. Ready for a great selection of offsite links specially curated just for you? Here goes.
1.) New Evil Dead remake to feature female lead character played by the daughter of Phil Collins.
2.) Jupiter Rising is rising mostly because of Natalie Portman’s insistence.
3.) Mircosoft is building a real holodeck.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Using 5 vintange floppy disk drives, someone has covered the Daft Punk Tron:Legacy song “Derezzed.” Must be seen/heard to be believed.
- Lily Collins is the daughter of Phil Collins and will be staring as the lead character in the Evil Dead remake. This movie will be written by Diablo Cody and on its soundtrack will feature pop sensation Pink’s cover of the “In the Air Tonight.” Okay. The last part is not true.
- More remake action! Carrie remake is really, really happening.
- Jupiter Rising science fiction film in development by the Wachowskis at the behest of Natalie Portman.
- Micosoft is building a wall that may be the begining of real Holodeck technology.
- One of the founders of Paypal rants and raves about the state of science fiction.
- Current marketing tie-ins for Star Wars:Episode I in 3-D are disturbing and in the poorest of taste. You’sa really surprised?
- Forthcoming Ray Bradbury tribute anthology previewed on Mad Hatter Review.
- The Onion breaks the “news” about GRRM and the next Ice and Fire books.
- You think Superman Returns was a box office flop? Think again. And other movies too!
- Creepy Kubrick moving Gifs which you will stare at for too long.
Ben Marcus has a book coming out this month called The Flame Alphabet and the book trailer below is quite great.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby doesn’t feel anything coming in the air tonight because in space there’s no air and no Phil Collins.