Friday the 13th is a perfect day for listing your greatest fears. Such as: spiders, light bulbs with incorrect wattages, mismatched socks, and terrifying evil sea horses like the ones pictured above. What other normally adorable creatures could be made so terrifying? Could there be such a thing as evil baby harp seals or evil pandas? What about evil giraffes? (Oh wait.) If you’re now worried about all of this, we have some soothing offsite links to help you through your day.
1.) China Miéville’s new writing gig.
2.) Ideas for the Doctor’s next companion.
3.) The latest on Batman’s abs.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Is this giant truck in a tree enough to get you excited about The Man of Steel?
- We know putting the words “robot” and “dinosaur” is enough to get most sane people excited, but this one is for real.
- China Miéville is writing for DC Comics.
- EW has the latest photos of Batman’s abs.
- Do you want 10 million bucks? Okay. Invent a tricorder.
- Blogtor Who has a big list of people they think could be good companions for the Doctor after Amy and Rory leave.
- The Colbert Report mentions that Iran may have invented the warp drive.
- Cracks in time might now be possible.
- Justin Sweet’s lush concept art from the film version of The Dawn Treader.
- Unicorn poop.
- Possible undercover Daleks at NASA.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby isn’t afraid of evil sea horses. Evil sea anemones? Now you’re talking.