Welcome to the last Monday before the western holidays come crashing down on us like an unwanted comet. Have you finished your holiday shopping? What did you get Stubby the Rocket this year? Stubby likes dinosaur toys and cash in unmarked envelopes. Think of how much Stubby gives to you all year. Like what? Like these offsite links for example! Look at today’s links while while thinking about buying Stubby a flatscreen TV in the shape of a dinosaur.
1.) Bane’s got bat-marbles in his mouth.
2.) Moffat is like “Really, there’s no Doctor Who Movie!” and then like “Look over here! New pictures of Sherlock!”
3.) Magneto in the style of Tin Tin (art sample above from mooloozone, link below)
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Can you understand Bane? How about you? Fan reactions to The Dark Knight Rises prologue. (via MTV)
- James Gunn launches new Ad Astra online magazine. (via James Gunn)
- Really. Steven Moffat says there is no David Yates Doctor Who mainstream canon-screwing movie in the works. (via Doctor Who News)
- Did we want Jedi Ninjas on the Interent? Is this really the first time? How can that be? Anyway, Jedi Ninjas are here. (via Topless Robot)
- Really nice old-school vintage science ads. 1950/60 here we come! (via Brainpickings)
- Nice piece on the evils of male privilege in geek culture. (via Kotaku)
- Ever read Riddley Walker? Maybe you should. (via NPR)
- Did Magneto ever hang out with Tin Tin? (via mooloozone.wordpress.com)
- New pictures of these guys named Sherlock and John. We hear they’re on some BBC show. (via Bleeding Cool)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would be in big trouble if Stubby ever had to tango with Magneto.