Thursday is like a beautiful baby pony grazing out in the field. It could turn and kick you at any moment, so best go back inside and take a look at some fun off-site links Stubby the Rocket has rounded up for you. Plus, don’t you have some dirty socks to rescue from the Sarlacc?
1.) The one-line tidbit inside of a Variety article that launched all this Harrison Ford speculation. (You know they’re talking Viggo too!)
2.) English chaps are SFF heroes.
3.) Steve Martin explains the cosmos.
4.) Vanity Fair talks about why fall is for fantasy books!
- Tor.com Steampunk: Pretty nifty steampunk monitor.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Karaoke songs in the key of zombie.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Harry Potter characters who didn’t make it into any of the films. (via Mugglenet)
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Great article over on Clarkesworld Magazine by Nathaniel Tapley about proper English chaps as SFF heroes.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Dragonmount reports on Sanderson’s recent UK events.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Will Radcliffe play Ginsberg?
- Harrison Ford in Ender’s Game? (via Variety)
- Steve Martin schools Fox News on the differences between a solar system and a galaxy. (via io9)
- Is it time to turn your laundry basket into a Sarlacc Pit?
- Tor Books’ Tom Doherty suits up.
- Muppet tattoos are pretty serious. (via girlgonegeek)
- New Vanity Fair column from Elissa Schappell talks about why fall is for fantasy!
- MMORPG Skyrim is so massive it has in-universe books you can read!
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby hopes your clothes soil in the depths of your hamper over a thousand years.