Welcome back to your week! It’s Monday, and Stubby the Rocket is here to give you a brief rundown of everything happened while you were chasing
velociraptors turkeys around the yard with a space-ax. Ready? Off-site link action begins now.
1.) Star Trek sets a stardate.
2.) Bond’s Q is coming back.
3.) The Tempest gets brassy.
- Tor.com Steampunk: A high school in Irvine performs a steampunk version of The Tempest.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Cracked.com has 8 tips for dealing with zombies.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Wired takes a look at when H.G. Wells FIRST invented the Time Machine (not when you think!)
- Tor.com Fantasy: The Wertzone takes a look at the Game of Thrones season 1 DVD release!
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- A new Toy Story short film called Small Fry features a tiny Buzz Lightyear and a tiny Zug.
- It’s happened! The new Star Trek film has a release date: May 17th 2013
- New Hunger Games picture features Kantiss in lockdown.
- Bond might have gadgets again: Q will be back in Skyfall, but now he’s got a new face!
- First Prometheus images from Entertainment Weekly.(Above)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby considered calling itself “Stuffy” the Rocket in tribute to how much it had to eat over the weekend.