Welcome to Wednesday. Your mission, should you decide to accept, it will be to find a way to become cooler than Stubby the Rocket. If you fail in becoming cooler than Stubby the Rocket, the internet will disavow any knowledge of your coolness. This blog will self-destruct after you have read all the fun offsite links. Highlights include:
1.) Brass bugs.
2.) Shapeshifting Fringe dust-up.
3.) A Cthulhu hidden on the internet!
- Tor.com Steampunk: Looking for a brass scarab brotch? Look no further.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Interview with Daniel Polansky, author of Low Town over on Suvudu.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Cover for Devon Monk’s Magic Without Mercy released.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Staffer’s Musings reviews The Restoration Game by Ken Macleod.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Kristen Stewart has been cast in Akira.
- F. Paul Wilson claims Fringe has ripped him off.
- Check out this nifty infographic of the Mariana Trench featuring a hidden Cthulhu.
- Star Trek Part Deux has been pushed back again.
- Supposedly, the Doctor Who Children in Need minisode is going to be a suprise.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby the Rocket is still cooler than everyone, if only because Stubby is a rocket and you are not.