Real velociraptors were the size of turkeys. But did they taste like turkeys? As of this Thanksgiving we’ll find out! Yes, you heard us; we bred raptors on our raptor farm. Gobble gobble! Before heading off for
Raptor Turkey Day, check out some of our fun and interesting offsite links.
1.) Lightspeed Magazine turns 1.
2.) Prometheus trailer sneaks online and then sneaks off.
3.) Suddenly, Ellen Page might be in the Batman movie.
4.) Some good sci-fi movies that had no budget.
- Tor.com Steampunk: A look at a new How to Draw Steampunk book. (via Geek Dad)
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: 14 ways in which people have insanely tried to kill “vampires” in real life.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: 5 Sci-Fi movies made on the cheap. (via Geek Twins)
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- A trailer for Prometheus was online for a hot second, and then was pulled. Here’s what is known.
- Boff! Ellen Page might be Batgirl in The Dark Knight Rises!
- Really weird ad for Cup Noodle Ramen features appropriated Yoda.
- Nice list of hammy SFF villains from Topless Robot.
- Jack McDevitt talks with SF Signal.
- The International Space Station talks turkey in a special holiday message.
- On the occasion of their 1-year-birthday, Lightspeed releases an anthology of fiction.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Despite being a beautiful space machine, Stubby gets a little self conscious after eating so many mashed potatoes.