It’s Tuesday and Stubby the Rocket sure enjoyed itself at New York Comic Con. But Stubby is all done gawking at costumes and is ready to start doing the hard work the people expect it to do: making you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But until we find space peanut butter, here are some offsite links.
1.) A crazy Tim Burton cake.
2.) The new Die Hard movie is happening and it has a funny Star Trek-inspired title.
3.) Early fax machines look like they were invented by steampunkers
- Tor.com Steampunk: A real early fax-machine design is all steamy.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: From Cake Wrecks - an amazing Nightmare Before Christmas birthday cake
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: A discussion about the Wheel itself.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Suvudu talks about Colson Whitehead’s new zombie novel Zone One.
- Early review of Tintin from Den of Geek is pretty positive...
- Zachary Quinto comes out.
- So the new Die Hard movie is going to have Klingons in it?
- The VanderMeers are editing a new SF anthology called Odd! (Via SF Signal)
- Vader crosses the Alps! [via Freaking News]
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby the Rocket is a horse.