Welcome to Tuesday. If you had to make a 12 track version of The Beatles’ White Album, what would be on it? Would you omit “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da?” While you ponder that, here’s your morning offsite links.
1.) These baby Doctors. (Above.)
2.) The first person to fight Ewan McGregor with a lightsaber. (It’s not who you think.)
3.) How to be Katniss this year for Halloween.
4.) The new director the The Stand is...
- Tor.com Steampunk: Steampunk iPhone looks super sweet
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: New Twilight spoof.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Fantasy Magazine spotlights Charles de Lint.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: How to meet with an alien infographic from A Dribble of Ink.
- Tor.com Art Department: Things with Wings has new Things!
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- All of these babies are the same Time Lord
- New HAWP features a tank (kinda)
- Crazy Akira casting news
- Faster Times interview with Aliette de Bodard.
- Kantiss Everdeen costume tips
- Ben Affleck to direct The Stand
- What did Ewan do when he first got the role of Obi-Wan? Who did he lightsaber fight with? Noel Gallagher from Oasis.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com.