Would you ride a giant sandworm into work every morning if it meant you got a 50% raise? What if you had to ride the sandworm naked? How about then? Luckily its Friday and not only do you not live on Arakis, but your weekend is almost here. We’ve got some offsite links to get you all set-up.
1.) The specific asteroid that might have taken out the dinosaurs has totally been acquitted.
2.) Female urban fantasy writers will cheer you up.
3.) Neutrinos are traveling faster than light and CERN isn’t sure why.
4.) The title of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s autobiography is so good, it’s almost a spoiler.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Beware of the haunted mines!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Words of wisdom from four female urban fantasy authors
- Tor.com Art Department: Check out the work of Beth Cavener Stichter
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Blofeld may return for the next Bond film.
- That one asteroid that NASA thought killed the dinosaurs couldn’t have been around to do the deed.
- Scientists at CERN think they may have found neutrinos traveling faster than light (statistically) and they’d like you to prove their data is unsound.
- The Arnold Schwarzenegger memoir is really called Total Recall.
- The Indiana Jones action figures that never were
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is tired of the insinuations that it has the ability to alter the course of an asteriod and hurtle said asteriod into a puny little planet just because Stubby was a little cranky that day. Everybody gets cranky, right? Anyway, it’s an absurd notion.