Welcome to Friday. Glad you made it. All strapped in? Good. We need you to time-travel back to the begining of the week and bring all this cool news into the past. We’ll see you next week. Highlights for today include:
1.) Babershop quartets. Now with more anachronisms.
2.) Who should be the new Beetlejuice? (Should there be a NEW Beetlejuice?)
3.) Shoes for a Frog or shoes for a McFly? You choose.
4.) Like we said. Sinister is back.
- Tor.com Steampunk: A steampunk babershop quartet?
- Tor.com Fantasy: Elflands Second Cousin has a review of Blackdog by K.V. Johansen.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: More speculation on how science relates to science fiction, this time with John Kessel.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: New Beetlejuice actors?
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The Wertzone reacts to the news that Sanderson is nearly done with final Wheel of Time novel!
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- We’re very happy College Humor’s Troopers webseries has a new installment.
- The new General Zod speaks!
- Neat article from CG Society talking about Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- Star Trek cookies, just in time for Trek’s birthday.
- Kermit Adidas versus Marty McFly Nikes. Who will win?
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby once had a suggestion box, but it caused too many deaths.