Thursday! You’re powering through it, look at you! Here are the highlights of you friendly neighborhood link roundup:
1.) A theme song for The Magicians.
2.) All sorts of possible futures for a planet full of apes.
3.) A song for the Doctor and Donna. (Well... not quite.)
4.) A corset that bites.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Now that’s what we call feminist commentary—an art exhibit featuring a corset made with shark teeth.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Lev Grossman’s The Magicians now has a theme song! Seriously, it’s awesome.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: There might be a Bewitched television remake heading toward your screens soon.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Lord Dobraine is you Character of the Week!
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Five places every Star Wars fan should visit. We’re planning a trip to Tunisia ourselves. Any day now.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- So many cool ideas for the Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel.
- Edgar Rice Burroughs is now on a postage stamp!
- Doctor Who’s David Tennant and Catherine Tate are playing Benedick and Beatrice in Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, and they sing! Want to hear it? Of course you do.
- A list of possible actors to play Anakin Skywalker in Return of the Jedi. Looks like someone forgot that Peter Cushing had already appeared in a Star Wars film....
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would take the crew to Tunisia if Stubby weren’t so worried about the endless Toche Station jokes that would ensue.