It’s middle-of-the-week-day! We know you need some news like you need that early caffeine jolt, so here are your off-site links. Today we’re thinking about:
1.) Pretty ’verse artwork that we’d like to hang up all over the office.
2.) Jewelry for our WoT beaus.
3.) Flaming movie posters!
4.) How one might finish Ripley’s story....
- Tor.com Steampunk: Gorgeous Firefly art nouveau posters. They’re for sale, but a whole set including the one pictured above, will only be available at Comic Con.
- Tor.com Fantasy: New Game of Thrones casting news!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Important prep for Deathly Hallows, Part II. A rap and song on Part I, of course.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: WoT-inspired items on Etsy! Great birthday gifts for the fan in your life. Or yourself....
- Tor.com Science Fiction: L.E. Modesitt, Jr. talks about how he began writing.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Her ladyship, the great Sigourney Weaver, wants to do another Alien movie. Who are we to deny her?
- Looks like Hermione wants to go even grittier—Emma Watson is lined up to star in Guillermo del Toro’s upcoming Beauty and the Beast adaptation. That’s pretty darned exciting.
- Okay, this animated poster for The Hunger Games is awesome.
- We’ve got Shatner for you! Check out these clips from his upcoming Captains documentary.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby thinks Mr. del Toro should be thinking about a very nice rocket-shaped Beast.