Thank the maker it’s Friday! At the end of the week we’re interested in a few things via some offsite links. Here’s some highlights.
1.) We’re trying to figure out the most tasteful way of talking about the lead actor being cast for the title character in the next episode of Doctor Who.
2.) Trying to sort out which Final Fantasy number is most accurate for the current Wii release
3.) Accepting the apology from Eve Myles (even though we live in the U.S.)
4.) Sort of in disbelief that a new He-Man film is in the works (and totally wondering if Gwildor will be in it. See tribute above!)
- Tor.com Fantasy: Final Fantasy III (or is it VI) arrives for the Wii
- Tor.com Steampunk: Bender from Futurama to become Benderplate!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Den of Geek counts down 10 nightmarish fantasy films from the 1980s.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: New Wheel of Time podcast at thewheelsweaves.com
From our “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Eve Myles is so, so, so sorry the U.S. is getting Torchwood before the U.K.
- There will be another He-Man movie. How can it compare with the 1987 version featuring Gwildor?
- Hilter has been cast for Doctor Who’s “Let’s Kill Hitler”
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is a master of the universe.