Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re counting pennies to save a beautiful London landmark, hanging out with Brandon Sanderson in the UK (wouldn’t that be nice), and hiding from Voldemort under our desks.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Sam Sykes talks about the author-reviewer relationship in the bloggosphere.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Here’s the new Fright Night remake trailer. What do you think?
- Tor.com Steampunk: Please help save London’s Wilton Music Hall, a landmark and treasure of the Victorian Era.
- Tor.com Art Department: Writing With Pictures interviews Greg Ruth.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: A report of Brandon Sanderson’s London signing.
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- So we know this one has always bothered you—why did sauropods have such long necks?
- This Harry Potter clip is making us distinctly nervous. That Voldemort just keeps getting scarier.
- Blastr’s Image of the Day featured our very own Adam Carlson in his epic portrait of C-3PO and R2-D2 fighting crime in Gotham City.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby had a long neck once before. Then evolution occurred.