Wednesday is here! In this morning’s offsite links roundup we’re:
1.) Trying to figure out what would possess someone to make “farmpunk” a real thing.
2.) Listing all the Johnny Depp roles we can think of.
3.) Looking at dinosaurs! (As always.)
4.) Keeping the scale of the universe in mind.
- Tor.com Fantasy: An interview with N.K. Jemisin on her novel The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms and how she shed the trappings of tradition to realize it.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: A history of vampires on film, for all of you enthusiasts out there....
- Tor.com Steampunk: Yikes. Apparently the new term for American steampunk is “farmpunk.” Not quite a flash as one could hope for.
- Tor.com Art Department: Dinosaur gallery! Prehistoric art is amazing.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Written shortly after Robert Jordan’s death, this piece might remind some of you of what it was like to be concerned over the fate of the series.
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
Iconography of the day: Johnny Depp’s most memorable roles. Can you name them all?
- Keen on understanding the scale of the universe? We got you covered.
- Sherlock Holmes. The only man who can surpass Bruce Wayne for brains. And discover his secret identity.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby does not belong on a farm and was, therefore, never a farmpunk rocket.