Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re celebrating our own strangeness, rewriting sonnets to include airships, and watching the Watchmen for college credit. That’s how we roll.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Mark Charan Newton would like to encourage you to embrace “strangeness” in fiction.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: It’s your time to shine, comic nerds of the world; you can now get a PhD in your favorite reading material.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Have a favorite Shakespeare that you feel could use a little more...steam? The Steampunk Shakespeare anthology deadline has been pushed back, so get cracking!
- Tor.com Art Department: Take a look at the beautiful art on Kazuhiko Sano’s website.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Take a look at some corrections made in Towers of Midnight—does this ruin anyone’s theories?
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- These Walking Dead promotional pics from the new season include some very interesting revamping...
- Star Wars: The Old Republic video game trailer has been released! What do you think? Is this cuase to take up your lightsaber once more?
- Check out this list of June SF reads! It’s a good time to pick your beach list....
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby doesn’t need a PhD in comics. It enters a level of art imitating life that Stubby is just not comfortable with.