Welcome to Thursday! Here’s a round-up of some offsite links for your morning perusal.
Here’s a sample of what we’ve got cooked up:
1.) George R.R. Martin and Harper Voyager are begging readers with leaked or advanced copies of A Dance of Dragons to keep quiet.
2.) What’s the deal with female fantasy armor? A new video has a solid critique.
3.) A giant mechanical steampunk hand?
4.) It sounds like there’s going to be more real stunts in The Amazing Spider-Man than the previous films.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Boom Tron reviews The Dragon’s Path by Daniel Abraham.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Is this mechanical German hand from 500 yeas ago truly Steampunk?
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The 2011 Robert Jordan Memorial Scholarship Applications are now open!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Book trailer for Hard Spell by Justin Gustainis.
And from our hand “Of Interest” sidebar
- College Humor critiques all the flaws of female armor in this hilarious video.
- GRRM really is asking you to not spoil the new book for anyone!
- Sam Raimi is subtly dissed in this interview about the “real” stunts on the new Spider-Man movie.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby doesn’t need any armor. Stubby is beautiful and safe the way it is.