Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
Today we’re trading summer movie preview cards and preparing ourselves for Miracle Day.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Have a Torchwood: Miracle Day teaser trailer
- to drink your coffee with.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Will Peter S. Beagle write more “Unicorn” stories? Looks like it!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Is paranormal fantasy creating its own downfall due to its reputation?
- Tor.com Steampunk: What the fashion-forward really should have been wearing to the Royal Wedding. Lovecraft-ian style.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The Thirteenth Depository has an archive up for a 2004 Robert Jordan interview.
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- The Rebels have these poor working stiffs all tied up—brand new Troopers video!
- It is not at all surprising that the Doctor crashed the Royal Wedding.
- Blain Hefner has created some awesome retro-looking movie preview cards for this summer. Print them out, collect them and trade with your friends!
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby wants a Cthulhu hat too, but Stubby would wear it all the time instead of just saving it for special events.