Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning George R.R. Martin takes us through the process of writing A Dance With Dragons, Torchwood’s first trailer hits, and Cumberbatch as Smaug, maybe?
- Tor.com Science Fiction: A sneak peak at Torchwood: Miracle Day!
- Tor.com Fantasy: George R.R. Martin is talking about A Dance With Dragons. Learn all the process details about the final draft!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: The New York Times takes a look the new Teen Wolf show before looking back to its roots.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Pictures from this weekend’s Steampunk World’s Fair!
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The Thirteenth Depository has the final installment of their comprehensive costuming guide up.
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- The Cumberbatch is going to be in The Hobbit! Martin Freeman apparently wasn’t supposed to tell us that, though. Which would be why we don’t know who he’s playing yet. (Our money is on Smaug. That would be so. awesome.)
- Muddy Colors looks at artists from their humble beginnings to present day.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby thinks that a rocket is just as intimidating as a dragon. Stubby could be Smaug, too.