Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re tracking the Fellowship across Middle-earth and trying to decipher reptilian alien-speak before we get killed.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Let's talk about the origin of dinosaurs!
- Tor.com Fantasy: Daniel Radcliffe would like you to know that he wasn't much of a fan of Half-Blood Prince (outside his time with Dumbledore).
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Just in case you missed it, check here for the full Dark Shadows cast, including, oh look, Johnny Depp.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Take a look at these beautifully colored Hindenburg pictures.
- Tor.com Art Department: Chris Moeller has a valuable lesson to teach to anyone trying to break into the art business—give yourself time.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The Forsaken Look-alike Contest at JordanCon.
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Lord Vader has confirmed it for us all: Obi-Wan Kenobi is dead. All the information you need on how he was located and what the stormtroopers are saying.
- This amazing chart shows the progress of the Fellowship throughout the LOTR saga.
- This week's Troopers video covers the problem of language barriers between trooper and reptile.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby knows all about the origin of dinosaurs. But Stubby isn't telling.