Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re finding out how a writing career is like the Smallville TV show and eating some very unhappy s’mores....
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Eugene Myers would like us all to know how a writing career is an awful lot like Smallville.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Some gorgeous fan-made covers for the Song of Ice and Fire series.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Colin Farrell and Ellen DeGeneres dress up as vampires and scare people... in a bathroom.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Hugh Bonneville (lately of Doctor Who pirate fame) is all set to be Captain Nemo in an upcoming steampunk sequel to the Jules Verne classic.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: It’s a little comic!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- This Thor press kit caused a bomb scare. But more importantly, it looks pretty awesome.
- Don’t eat that s’more! It’s made of Stay Puft marshmallow mans and they are not happy!
- The Syfy Channel is going to give Warehouse 13’s H.G. Wells her own spin-off show.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby once dressed up as a vampire for Halloween and walked around with a bottle of rocket fuel...but nobody got it.