Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
Today we’re planning a trip to a Clock Work Carnival and placing bets on a man who wants to outlast the zombie horde.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Kate Beckinsale is the next name attached to the Total Recall remake.
- Tor.com Fantasy: The Tolkien Estate is at it again. This time they want a summer camp to change its name.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: A Zombie Research Society staff member is beginning the Zombie Starvation Test—how long will he last?
- Tor.com Steampunk: Photography from the Clock Work Carnival in Atlanta.
- Tor.com Art Department: Carl Wein shows sketches he drew for John Scalzi’s story “The President’s Brain is Missing.”
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The opening ceremonies of JordanCon are now online for all to see!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Den of Geek lists 10 things they want out of Ron Howard’s upcoming Dark Tower films.
- You know what your latest Dungeons & Dragons campaign is missing? Perfume. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab lets you roll for you scent.
- New Troops video! You know you wanna check out some space improv.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby’s D&D scent is Rogue.