Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re exploring a zombie-proof house and dusting off old Narsil for another trip to the movie theater.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Sarah Silverman was almost a regular on Star Trek: Voyager. We’re so bummed that this didn’t actually happen.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Floor to Ceiling Books reviews Arthur C. Clarke Award-winning Zoo City.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: This might actually be the coolest thing ever—the world’s first zombie-proof house.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Get a glimpse of the Handspring Puppet Co.; the people responsible for the incredible puppetry being featured in the play War Horse (coming to NYC’s Lincoln Center this summer).
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: A really fun fanart Tumblr with a whole lot of WoT drawings.
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Extended Edition is coming back to theaters this June!
- Looks like Arnold is all set for Terminator 5. Excited yet?
- These kitties. They are in space. They are space kitties.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby does not require a house to be safe in the event of zombies. Stubby does not make good zombie food.